Transparency | Honesty | Compassion | Kindness | Accessibility | Determination | Trustworthiness | Fun | Adventure
Hey there! Stefani Harris here...your website strategist, designer, developer, and caretaker. Some may even call me a website guru!
I am the owner and founder of Exhale Design Co, a boutique web design and development company based in Houston, TX. I’m also a teacher, animal lover, and the person who will help your business or organization sparkle on the interwebs.
Thanks so much for stopping by, clicking through, and taking the time to get to know a bit about me. FYI, I’m going to tell you something about you, too!
Let’s talk about you first.
It’s much more fun that way!
You need help with your existing website, you need a new website, and/or you need professional branding.
You understand the value of a professional website and branding and see them as an essential investment in your business.
You ask questions but also trust the pros to do what they do best.
You don't want to deal with design or tech. You have enough to worry about!
You have your you-know-what together, and you're an excited, happy, energetic, eager person who is READY!
You are responsive and want to get this project done in a reasonable amount of time. Dragging things out is not fun for anyone.
You'll breathe a sigh of relief when we work together.
I’ll make your life easier by taking the stress of building your website or designing your branding off your plate.
I will take your web presence and/or branding from ancient and blah to modern and beautiful (or from non-existent to WOW!).
I will guide you through the whole journey from start to finish...and beyond!
I will be an integral part of your team.
I’ll be equally as excited about your new online home as you’ll be!
The Who, What, When, Where, Why and How
not in that particular order
We don’t just build websites and design brands. We create solutions.
With The Foundation website, we'll design and build you a professional website that includes all the essentials you need to have a strong online presence.
The Works websites have more features or pages than what's included in The Foundation. We'll begin with discovery so we can accurately estimate your project in terms of both cost and timing. Then, we deliver a professional solution that will bring you success, happiness, and of course, sales or donors.
If you don’t have your branding created yet, we’ll get that done first.
If you need help with your content, we’ll guide you, assist with editing what you’ve written, or connect you with a copywriter.
In other words, we’ve got you covered for nearly everything you need to kick booty on the web and/or in print.
We don’t just “quickly put something together.”
Rushing through a project can result in cutting corners. You wouldn’t want to do that with your home, so why do that with your website or branding? Things literally will fall through the cracks.
If you’re looking for someone to guess what you need and whip it up at the snap of a finger, I’m not your gal. There are plenty of companies that can [try to] do that for you, though.
We also don't handle I.T. requests (i.e. troubleshooting computer or mobile device hardware or software, configuring email on your computer or mobile devices, etc.). An I.T. professional is better suited to tackle those tasks.
Non-profit organizations, educational consulting firms, artists, therapy and medical practices, construction companies, bloggers, attorneys, and many more.
While my clients’ industries may vary, they all possess the following characteristics:
- They are ready. They may still need hand-holding and lots of strategy work, but they are responsive, eager, excited, and recognize the value of investing in a professional online presence.
- They see a website and professional branding as an investment and not an expense. If you are wanting to wheel and deal, we’re not going to work. If you want cheap, there are plenty of other designers out there. Just keep in mind that good is never cheap and cheap is never good.
(1) Clients who don’t want to be involved in the process. I love examples, so here are a few to help you understand why your involvement is imperative:
- You wouldn’t go to a restaurant and say, “just make me something.”
- You wouldn’t tell a home builder, “just build me a house.”
- You wouldn’t tell an interior designer to “just pick everything out, I don’t want to have to make any decisions.”
Moral of the story: It is crucial that you are involved in your own website and branding, as they are the face and representation of your business.
And, mind-reading isn’t part of my services.
(2) People or companies looking for a discount or some other type of deal because of x, y or z. Hey, I feel ya. You are just starting out or you got burned by another designer. I know money can be tight, but starting a business or making improvements to an existing business requires making an investment.
(3) People who are rude or condescending in any way. Exhale Design Co is all about kindness, love, appreciation and respect…and it goes both ways.
Oooh, I'm so glad you asked!
- You won't find a more thorough and detailed design and development process or designer and developer than me. I ask a LOT of questions to get to know you, your business, and your needs. Get ready!
- I am resourceful as all get-out; some even call me a master sleuth. If I don't have the answer or solution for you, I'll find it. You better believe it!
- I am constantly learning, improving and growing so that YOU can benefit from my knowledge and experience. Are you ready to grow?
I know you’re eager. I am too! You’ll start by filling out my project inquiry form. Then, we’ll have an intro call to make sure we’re a good fit. If we are, I’ll send over a proposal for us to begin working together. Then, we’ll get the party started!
- Time, commitment, dedication
- You making your business as much of a priority as I plan to do
- Having your professional branding (logo, typography, color palette, and photography) completed before website design and development begins
- Having your content ready before design begins
- Thoughtful, clear communication vs. one-word answers
Exhale Design Co is based in Houston, Texas and available to work with clients all over the world. All communication occurs via email or Zoom, so no need to get dressed up or gas up the car (or charge it if electric cars are your thing).
Here’s a bit more about Exhale Design Co and Stefani
in case you’re curious or want to see what fun things we may have in common
What’s up with the name Exhale Design Co?
I'm VERY excited to tell you about this! Each word holds special significance to me and my clients. Allow me to break it down for you...
“Be curious, not judgemental”
-Walt Whitman as quoted by Ted Lasso
Let's Work Together
Website Design & Development
To get you online so clients or donors can know who you are and how to connect with you.
To keep your website safe and secure so you can focus on all the other aspects of your business.
Brand Identity Design
To tell your story, attract your target audience, and provide you with visuals that'll make you shine.
Tech Training, Consulting, RAPS
To teach or guide you through business or technical challenges that make you want to scream.